Sun Bicycles Bikes
Sun is one the longest established and most respected US manufacturers of leisure, cruiser, and lifestyle bikes – it was founded in 1972. The range features attractive designs suitable for a wide variety of riding situations. There are also niche bike styles include tandems, unicycles, folding bikes, and more.
Sun Bicycles Bikes
Sun has been designing and making bicycles in Miami since 1972. The range of bikes it produces are lifestyle bikes so are designed for cruising and everyday use rather than competition.
The range is known for attractive, trendy designs and relaxed riding styles. The company also makes a number of niche bike styles including adult size trikes, tandem bikes, unicycles, and folding bikes.
In addition, there is a spin-off company from Sun called Sunseeker focused entirely on recumbent bikes. All its bikes feature the laid back, reclining style of riding that the recumbent bike is known for. Short wheel base, long wheel base, and trike recumbents are available. In fact, Sunseeker is one of the largest manufacturers of recumbents in the word.
Apart from the niche bikes mentioned above, the range from Sun is more traditional. It includes options suitable for road and path riding as well as cruisers with fat tires that can handle difficult to ride terrain such as sand and gravel.
A wide range of Sun bikes is available on Bike Exchange, the marketplace for everything bike.
Sun Product Range
Comfortable riding positions and eye-catching designs are the hallmarks of all bikes in the Sun range. The comfortable ride is achieved with soft saddles, feet-first riding positions, and swept back handlebars. Depending on the specific model, the bikes come in simple single speed variations up to 21-speed bikes.
There are options for men and women in all categories, with many featuring low stepthroughs to make it easier to get on and off.
The range includes:
• Bike Path - Drifter, Rover, and Riskin as well as the Streamway which has an ultra-low step through.
• Cruiser - bikes made to handle more difficult terrain such as sand and gravel. They therefore have fatter tires than the Bike Path range, including the Baja Cruz model which has 3.5 inch tires, and the Spider option which has four inch tires. The other models are Cruz, Revmx, Revolutions, and Revolutions-Al.
• Urban City - the Fritz for men and Skylar for women features a more traditional riding style, although it is still upright. Racks are included on both models.
• Industrial - this range offers bikes build tough to handle heavy duty daily riding, although they still feature Sun's iconic easy-riding style and stylish design. The options are Atlas, Atlas X-Type, and Boardwalk.
• Adult Trike - the options are Traditional, Hand Trike, Atlas Deluxe, and Atlas Cargo.
• Tandem - the Biscayne and Brickell.
• Folding - the Shortcut 1, Shortcut 2, and Shortcut 3.
• Unicycles - Classic, Flat Top, Extreme, Flat Top Off Road, and XL.
Sun also makes a range of bikes for children including push bikes and bikes ranging from 16 inches to 24 inches. It also makes a trailer called the Tug-A-Bug which is for children who are too young to ride alongside you on their own bikes. With the Tug-A-Bug, they get a seat and handlebar, and can join in the pedaling.
Sun is not involved in the manufacture of bikes that can be used in competitive cycling, so it is not involved in any sponsorship arrangements.