From its beginnings in the late 1970's Jamis has evolved into a major bike brand. The Jamis bike range that you will find on BikeExchange includes Mountain Bikes,Road Bikes, Adventure and street bikes and more. The listings that are available are from private sellers and independent retailers.
Western Cycle Source for Sports Western Cycle Source for Sports CA$1,050 Western Cycle Source for Sports CA$1,200 Western Cycle Source for Sports CA$800 Western Cycle Source for Sports CA$649.99 Western Cycle Source for Sports CA$800
Jamis is an award-winning American bicycle brand. The company produces a wide range of bikes, and it has been responsible for several cycling innovations throughout its history that have helped move the industry - and the sport - forward. Jamis has a strong connection with the sport of cycling through its sponsorship's and commitment to research and development, but it is equally committed to making cycling accessible, possible, and pleasurable for everyone. It is a company that takes pride in producing high quality bikes for all abilities and all riding styles as well as high performing bikes that are used by professional cyclists to win the world's toughest competitions.
The company was founded in 1979 and entered the US bicycle market with a bang, introducing the world to the cantilever cruiser and effectively starting the beach cruiser trend. The first bike was called the Earth Cruiser. Over the following years, it started to move into the mountain bike market with the Explorer (a cruiser with big tires and multiple gears to get up hills) and the Dakota, one of the first high-quality, mass produced mountain bikes available, which was produced in 1983.
In 1988, Jamis released its first road bikes. This started the development of more advanced road bikes and bikes for professional racers that continues to this day. Many of the models that have been produced over the years have been acclaimed by cyclists as being the best they've ever ridden. Jamis remains heavily involved in the sport of cycling in a number of disciplines, including road racing, mountain bike, and cyclocross.
Today, Jamis bikes is owned by G. Joannou Cycle Co.
Range of Jamis Bikes
Jamis splits its bikes into five main categories: mountain, road, adventure, street, and recreation. It also makes bikes specifically for women, and there is a youth range of bikes. It is also possible to buy framesets.
The range of bikes that are available from Jamis includes:
• Mountain - enduro, trail, fat tire, XC performance, and XC sport bikes.
• Road - competition road racing bikes and cyclocross bikes. They also offer performance road bikes for more casual riders as well as adventure and touring bikes.
• Adventure - this range includes the versatile, all-terrain Renegade brand as well as fat tire mountain bikes.
• Street - commuter bikes, urban bikes, Hybrid and fitness bikes. They also make a dual sport bike that is designed to handle any sort of terrain.
• Recreation - these bikes are designed for comfortable casual riding rather than speed and performance. They include the Citizen Series, the Hudson Series the Explorer Series, Trail XR bikes, and Jamis Cruisers. They all have comfortable riding positions, high quality components, light frames, and attractive styling.
Jamis is involved with a number of different cycling teams in various sports. This includes Team Jamis - Hagens Berman, a professional men's cycling team who ride Jamis Xenith bikes.
Jamis also sponsors the Team Jamis Factory MTB team, which includes professional mountain bikers Rotem Ishay, Erica Tingey, and Thomas Turner, and it sponsors the Jamis Cyclocross team.